I've looked at lots of posts here about long-term survival, and people have considerable stashes of water, grains, and so on, along with fuel and gear.

I live in earthquake country in a condo. My storage space is in a building that I don't expect to be standing after the Big One. I live in an area bounded by freeways with overpasses that I don't expect to be standing, so I plan on sheltering in place. I live near a stream where I do expect to be able to get untreated water whenever I need it.

There are no self-storage areas in my neighborhood; the closest one has been built below a large aerial freeway interchange. :-> I'm sure the land was cheap.

My thinking so far has been to get together with all the looters and hit the two local supermarkets as quickly as possible. (One is a high-end gourmet market, by the way, so we'll eat well as long as it lasts.) Or maybe not. Who can tell?

It's an urban area where there are no crops and the only animals are lapdogs and the occasional rescued greyhound.

What's the agenda for people who live in cities with no space for bulky food storage?