Okay, so my pantry will hold about a 4 month supply of food for the wife and me. Fortunately I still have some free space in the house. But I've been considering the logistics of a year's supply of food and where I would put it all. Keeping in mind that almost all of the food prefers to be kept in a temp controlled environment, that means keeping it in the house at a minimum (no garage, no attic space storage). So I am looking under the beds, behind the sofa, or stacked beneath the dresser in cases or crates and dressing it with a valence of some sort (raising the dresser by a couple feet is not a problem in my household).

Sometimes you just gotta be creative in your thinking I suppose. It took me a little bit to think that darned near every piece of furniture in my house could be "lifted" enough to put stuff under, yet not become awkward or uncomfortable. Pedestalizing the food this way makes it easy to camoflauge so it isn't aestheically unappealing either (more for the wife than me).