Ok I am getting ready to purchase our food storage in a few weeks and need opinions on brands and places to purchase.

Who else to ask, but my friendly neighborhood, ETS members!

Ok, here are somethings I have learned by reading here and other places, asking questions, etc.

I need to get food storage for 2 adults, and 4 kids.

I don't want to get food storage that is all sodium and then some flavor. Some food that relatively healthy and tastes decent.

I would prefer to get food that only needs water to get eatable.

Having #10 cans makes sense from the purchasing of quantity vs, but I don't want to have cans opened everywhere. Even if they are good for a few months. Also having to worry about moving the unused portions to different containers is not something that is appealing, especially during a emergency situation.

Money is always an issue, but I understand it is not going to be cheap.

How about a help with forming a plan of both 'normal' food storage supply and also purchasing regular cans in cases at Sam's Club or Costco.

I formed a plan, but then when someone else in a thread replied about getting food that the children will eat, I had to rethink my 10 cases of MRE supply :P

Thanks.

"All Hail the Power of Bauer"

"Only the Paranoid Survive" - Andy Grove

"Why is it called the American Dream? Because you have to be ASLEEP to believe it!" - George Carlin