Weird..Weird..Weird..

A heavy Helicopter (probably a Military EH101) was completely stationary over my House for about 15 minutes at an altitude of around 500 to 800 ft.

This was at 2:30 am in the morning. Night time viability was excellent.

It then proceeded to move of about 500-700 metres away, enough time to get the night vision scope on the helicopter and the 7x50 Binoculars, where it would occasionally project a light beam downward for a 30-60 seconds at a time. The beam must have been an IR beam as it was not really visible except a faint beam glow using the 7x50s binoculars.

Even weirder was the Helicopter was obviously searching or tracking something, and I may have seen what it was tracking on the night vision scope. On the night vision scope a spot ball of light moved up towards the helicopter then dived away and then proceeded north at rapid speed. The Helicopter then proceeded to move in a northerly direction after a few minutes from the Hover.

The helicopter was in the vicinity for around 45 minutes.

This was not a commercial or police helicopter and it was not a SAR helicopter either which will occasionally land at the Ninewells Hospital Helipad.

Now the Helicopter is back again 1 Hour later.

Edit..I should have also said that something had also seriously spooked the Dundee City Centre Seagulls earlier this evening around 23:15 over the City Square. There were hundreds of them circling in the dark above the Caird Hall.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (04/18/16 03:21 AM)