Kind of sucks...we got about 4" of snow yesterday and today it's -9 F. Normally we don't get this kind of cold til January if at all. Can't remember the last time it was below zero in November (this year it happened twice).

I'm gonna have to get on the truck preps a little early. The basics are covered: heavy jumper cables, floor jack, 4-way wrench, two flashlights with lithium batteries (to survive cold like tonite!), two jackets (neither really heavy, but layers) a couple pairs of gloves and a couple spare stocking caps. I also have some traction mats but I need to get another 250 lbs of sandbags for my 3/4 ton Chevy truck.

Today I was at Costco and they had a two-pack of neat looking collapsible aluminum shovels. Nothing you'd want to shovel your driveway with but probably good enough to dig out a car. Might have to grab a pack of them next time.

Lastly I got gas. That's one of the biggest winter preps for me. I'm one of those guys that fights the tendency to get $10 worth of gas three times a week! blush But I've been getting gas once a week on my day off lately, mostly due to getting a Costco card. It was $110 so I gotta use it all I can! grin