They are different but somehow touch each other.

One memmber mentioned in my other thread that including camping sub-forum in ETS will dilute the concentration (focus) on survival.

This thread is NOT about adding a sub-forum on camping , but it is about using the camping fun to lure people to accept preppring, or at least - in case of negative people - camouflague our preps like Go Bags as "camping supplies". In one U-tube video, a lady named Prepper wife starts her video saying that she calls those items ( Camping gear) while her husband calls them ( survival gear ) !!

Anyways, camping/backpacking/hiking seems to offer a few things for preppers like :

- Camouflague intention from negative people
- Practice survival skills while camping/backpacking
- Increase value of purchased items. Instead of buying a $100 knife and store in BOB , just in case , you can use it when you camp, and justify the cost.
- Companies manufacture stuff for campers/backpakers that preppers can benifit from ( e.g. backpacks, boots, sleeping bags, stoves, compasses ..etc.)

So, what you say about camping/backpacking/hiking resources an usefulness for prepping ??

Here's this story from my experience

Our stores do not have many "survival" stuff. Even the word is not heard of except in rare coverages - like once a year, about some American militia , or a survivalist-linked news.

So, last month, I posted in a Facebook page of a local hardware store , a request to include a few things like Esbit stoves in their inventory. Off course, I didn't mention "survival" or preparedness for (possible mishaps) but used (my interest in backpacking ) as an excuse.

BTW, even backpacking is seen as a "funny thing" around here, let alone survival preparedness. A few years ago, 4 college boys hiked between two cities ( about 140 km = 87 miles ). Most local forums blasted them with negative comments !!!

Although these boys have taken less than the minimum needed for such a trip ( for lack of experience) but still one poster asked angrily : One of these boys mentioned carrying a stick (staff) and a knife. WHY a stick and a knife ?? Are they going to fight a war ?? Another one answered : Maybe they will beat up anyone advicing them against this stunt.

So, in such extremely negative atmosphere it is wise to be careful and use familiar excuses to justify your requests.