This last weekend I attempted to produce a Bug Out Bag Youtube video, but failed miserably. The main problem was my buddies who wouldn't take it seriously. They think folks who make Youtube BOB videos are a little crazy . The idea was to take them out for the weekend and to firstly show the Bug Out Bag kit, then show the kit in action (wood proceesing, fire making etc)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcPdaHKhR9U

Even more disheartening was when three 11 year boys came walking down the beach just after sunset (one was carrying a 4 inch fixed blade knife in hand, one of the others a half eaten British Army 24 ORP main meal) to ask us if we had caught anything. With only a small flat fish to hand, one of the boys then said he had earlier caught a 4lb Sea Trout down at Flisk Point (a couple of miles further up the river) then went on to critique the small size of the fire we had going. blush

Any way here are some photos;

Basha Sheet setup.

Escaping the City... wink

It might not be a Sea Trout!! but it could make a meal with some baked tatties from a nearby farmers field. The baked tatties were excellent.

Sunset over the Sidlaw Hills and the River Tay. Best served with a nice cool bottle of Chardonnay.

Cilivisation (City of Dundee whistle ) in the background. The Coleman Sling Chair was excellent but slightly heavy for a Bug Out, but needs a better carry bag (needs an adjustable sling strap).

Boiling water using the lid from a Swedish Army Trangia Mess tin with a stick. (useful if your fuel runs out)

Sleeping under a Basha.

I think I need a script and Camera tripod the next time. laugh

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (08/21/11 10:45 PM)