when i got to the school to drop my niece off for kindergarten on friday afternoon, one of my son's friends ran up and told me that my son was hurt on the other side of the school. i left her in the supervised JK/SK yard and headed around back to find him.

thankfully he just had a bloody nose, not broken or seriously bleeding, but bloodied. (*#@!N bullies!)

long story short, neither of us was prepared. mama bear spazed and didn't bring my "purse", which has kleenex, a bandana and a first aid kit in it. i was just jumping out of the car to deliver her to her teacher, so left it in there. lesson learned.

he's got all three in his backpack too, knows how to use them and has, but it stays in the school at lunch and recess. he's got kleenex and bandaids in his coat pocket now, but what else should i make him edc on his person? my pockets are loaded (kleenex restocked, bandana replaced and 1st aid kit returned), but he's rough and tumble, so his need to be light and soft. he's 7, and i always figure his teachers should be prepped for those times, but he didn't go to them, just went and sat by himself. (that's another long story, that ends with him moving to a new, much smaller school in a couple of weeks.)

Thanks!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA