Happy New Year, fellow ETSers!

I'm currently planning a winter camp for our Scout group. Our theme is "Winter Fun!" We've got leaders taking care of the older kids, who will be practicing their survival skills, building and sleeping in quinzees, etc. My assignment is the younger youth, 5-8 years old.

Each of my kids will have a parent or guardian with them, and except for the leaders and our kids, none are really outdoors people. For many it will be their first winter "camping" experience. Our goal is to get both the kids and their parents to love it! We had a wood stove barracks-style cabin at our fall camp, but some were turned off, particularly by the outhouses, which was pretty chilly. This time we'll be in a more modern cabin with indoor plumming, so we've got the "ick" and "brrr" factors covered.

We're planning campfires and a hike and the trailer is already loaded with GT Snowracers and snowshoes. The little ones aways help pile snow on the mounds for the quinzees too. They love hanging out with the big kids but they aren't blessed with stamina, patience or attention to make a weekend of that.

I need some ideas about activities and crafts we can do to keep everyone's enthusiasm high, and maybe even teach a lesson or two along the way. Ideas? Suggestions? Warnings?

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA