My sister, knowing my love of all things outdoors as well as my interest in cooking things outdoors that have been hunted and/or gathered from the outdoors, gave me an awesome set of recipe cards circa 1970(ish). The set is called "Remington Recipes: An Exclusive Collection of Outdoor Meals & Country Cookery".

Yes, from the company that brought you fine firearms with which to hunt comes fine recipes to use in preparation of the things that you hunt. LOL

The underside of the lid reads:

“Remington has been part of America's love of the outdoors since 1816. The art of hunting and the skill of preparing unique outdoor meals have always gone together. In the days of our founder, Eliphalet Remington, wild game meals were a way of life. Today, properly prepared wild game is a gourmet's delight, available to the fortunate few.

In your forefather’s time, good outdoor recipes were treasured. And proudly handed down for generations.

This exclusive collection of outdoor and wild game recipes includes dozens of traditional meals, and many contemporary ones. Each is tested and approved by noted Field and Stream Food Editor Sylvia Bashline.

We invite you to add your own fine recipes to our collection.”

From the section Game Birds you can learn to prepare Braised Mud Hen. In Game animals you can find a recipe to cook Woodchuck in Tomato Sauce. From Barbeque & Outdoor Grill you can learn to cook Egg Harbor Shrimp. Smoking Recipes reveals how to make Black Forest Smoked Squirrel. These recipes and many more are all collected in a fine designer tin.

What an awesome gift.

I thought some of you might appreciate something like this.