Just sitting around the campfire enjoying the peace and quiet. I started thinking “how could I let someone else know how great this place is? As I went farther with my thinking I started wondering “what if I needed to communicate with others in a disaster situation?” “What if I wanted to tell someone don’t drink this water? I remembered a movie about a girl during the depression and someone talking about Hobo signs so I Googled Hobo signs. There is a lot of information online along with drawings and explanations. That’s when I remembered about the fish sign Christians use to identify each other. We have been using signs to communicate for eons. Am I thinking wrong or would signs be a way to communicate to others in a survival situation? Most Hobo signs deal with how to get handouts from others or how to stay away from Police or bad people but, others are for showing good safe places to sleep, good or bad water, safe camping areas and where danger lurks. I know if you are lost you will want to leave signs to show which way you went or where you are but, in a disaster where others may be bugging out with you this may be a good communication skill to have.
What do you all think?