OK, consider this a statement about my trust and faith in ya'll.

My current vehicle has reached the point it is nickle and diming me, I'm done messing around with it. So I've been looking at vehicles, and I've narrowed it down to three. I need to sleep on it, but I will also accept the wisdom and experience of ETS.

The three finalists are all going to run me about the same for car payments and insurance, and all are 6cy engines, so I'm mostly looking for technical feedback:

- '06 Escape, 56K miles
- '05 Passat wagon, 65K miles
- '04 Outback Legacy, 80K miles

As much as I like the Outbacks, I'm inclined to say pass just because it is the oldest and highest milage, and it is going to cost me just as much in terms of loan. But I do like the ride and about 10% of the cars around here are Outbacks or Foresters, so I can get parts and experienced mechanics.

The Passat felt good, but I've never had a chance to really get to know VWs. Are there any issues I'm not aware of? Minor, petty issue- the key kinda scares me.

I've never owned or spent a lot of time driving trucks or SUVs. I am comfortable doing so, but other than higher center of gravity, what else do I need to keep in mind if I go with the Escape? (I've owned nothing but sedans since I killed my Metro.) I know the Explorer had a lot of roll over issues- does the Escape?

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.