Well, my buddies in Florida got to deal with yet another tornado warning last week. I gotta say I certainly don't miss those lousy thunderstorms.

So we got pasted with a spring snow storm here in Denver. Dropped about a foot on us. Not quite the whopper everyone predicted, and today it is a balmy mid 50's and it is all melting away. I decided to roast a 23 lb turkey yesterday while it was snowing potato chip sized flakes. Man, it felt like Thanksgiving up at the cabin. Tossed a bunch of stale bread and chips out the back for the birds and the squirrels. By the evening the snow had turned to rain, then quit altogether. We ended up with some slop this morning, but it was a beautiful Colorado sunrise looking out to the mountains and the striking blue sky.

So I reckon they can keep their 80 degree days and lightning plagued evenings out there in the sunshine state. We'll be in the 70s again by Tuesday, and I just bought a fresh bunch of USA grown tangelos and oranges at 30 cents a piece. They all look beautiful and perfectly ripened, thanks Izzy. It's great sitting on a bench in the park surrounded by snow banks munching on peanut butter and jelly cookies and a quartered orange.