I'm normally a pretty frugal guy and I generally think fairly hard about non-essential purchases before pulling out the wallet. However, I noticed that for a while now, I've been buying more things than usual. For some, I guess shopping is a comforting thing, but in my case, it's because I'm afraid that some of these things that I have wanted for a long time just won't be available in the future because the store or the manufacturer just might not be around much longer in this economy. Delayed gratification is one thing, but it's certainly not gratifying when you finally go to purchase it and realize that the company went belly up 4 months ago and the product is no longer available. frown

Anyone else been thinking this way in the past 6-12 months? I certainly know that a slightly different form of this thinking has been going on regarding firearms and ammo, but I'm thinking talking about anything besides guns. Like I've recently bought a couple training/education sets from niche companies that might not be around longer. I hope they'll survive, but you just don't know.