I did not want to hijack the "man purses (murses)" thread but it got me thinking about all the backpacks I have and thought I would list them here. I often wonder if others find that there is no such thing as only one or two backpacks they need. Over the years, I have found that multiple packs are needed....depending on what activity I am doing and the purpose of it.

Here is my list with some photos of the various packs.

I use this backpack the most for my EDC and go to work kit. 22 Litres capacity (1340 cubic inches)

I also have this backpack that is used for short trail hikes in the summer as it has just enough room for the essentials. 14 litres capacity (850 cubic inches)

This backpack is my favorite, it can pack a lot for it's size and has many internal pockets. The pack has held up well over the years from hiking in the far north to the Rockies. When I walk to work and need my laptop there is room for it along with my lunch an EDC. 30 Litres capacity (1830 cubic inches)

This bag is no frills with no suspension or padded waist belt. It can and has carried a lot of weight over the years. I once used it for multiple trips packing 60 lb loads of rock that needed to be analyzed 2 miles down a trail at 6000 feet. Nowadays, I use it for light 1-2 day overnight summer (cold meal) hikes due to its unhindered, one compartment carrying capacity. The pack is also used for grocery shopping and can carry four - 1 gallon milk jugs with a bit of room to spare. 32 Litres capacity (1950 cubic inches)

This pack I use for multi-day all weather hikes, it holds about 65 lItres (4000 cubic inches). I will taking this bag with us this summer when we hike the Canol Trail

I have one more MEC pack not shown here as it always kept packed and ready to go in the car trunk. 32 Litres capacity (1950 cubic inches)