First, I hope everyone had a safe and slow holiday weekend as I remember what it could be like out there.

Second . . .

To those that show up on scene and find "Joe Citizen" has all but expended his MAJOR blood stopping supplies and offer to replenish his kit (even partially),
a VERY BIG THANK YOU!!!!!

Everyone hang on, I am about to rant, let me find my soapbox...
It has taken me since Wednesday to calm down and I am editing as I go (family site, don't ya' know)

Yeah I know, I am the one who decided to stop and render aid and all that, but is it that hard to throw a guy a bone?

If any of the folks on I-35 in southern Oklahoma read this, I want them to know that one of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troopers tried to do just that from the small kit he keeps in his car.

The young "expert" from some private "bambulance" company (miss-spell intentional) could not get off his high horse long enough to even lend some hand wash to my son (17) where his gloves tore through.
But he did have time to remove the tourniquet from the completely severed leg of one person we found in the roadway (ejected from bed of pick-up)!

Please don't get me started on the TOTAL lack of C-Spine care etc.

It was a trying weekend.

I had to burn the clothes my son and I were wearing and thank god I had the 5th wheel behind us. It allowed wife to care for non-injured in some safety, and son and I to shower.

OK Rant over.

Third:
Anyone got a good on-line source for bulk blood stopping stuff? Not to mention small consumables, I have discovered many things were out of date when repacking the two kits. (single dose stuff)

Son will be visiting with a friend who is a professional counselor again tomorrow. (Thanks Wildman800)

Edited by Desperado (12/01/08 02:08 AM)
Edit Reason: Change Name

RIP OBG