Hi All,

In my quest for a reliable single burner liquid fuel stove, I took the recommendation of ETS Forum members and went on the search for a Optimus Svea 123. Remember this thread from about a month ago on Multi-Fuel Stoves http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=123762&fpart=1 Locally I came up with nothing, so I was drawn to ebay (like a moth to a flame).

I registered and set up an account, watched for a while and then placed a bid. I had no idea that even though an item is posted for 7 days that only the last 10 seconds really counts! I missed out on a few good deals but learned from my mistakes, and now have a new stove (O.K. 4 stoves but don't tell my DW) to play with.

My experience has been that ebay is a good source for hard-to-find items but since you are bidding against the world prices can be inflated, especially when you include shipping, customs duty, taxes and service charges.

I was just wondering what other ETS Forum members experiences/opinions were of buying/selling items on ebay?

Thanks,

Mike