A few weeks back some media stations showed Iraqi pilgrims gathering in a holy city. They have come WALKING from other cities as far as 40 miles away !

Most people in those marching crowds didn’t carry anything. The walk took a few days and their stay took. TV didn’t show anything about the trip back home, they may have used busses I don’t know.

Along the way there were road-side kitchens to provide the pilgrims food and tea. That accounts for the food part but still doesn’t help understand NOT carrying a bag of some sort for whatever necessities.

That event, whatever little has been show of it led me to think about different people NEEDING things to survive. Is it really that we need what we say we need to survive, or is it just in the head and the way we think?

Those people didn’t even carry anything. Anyone of us I guess would have pulled a small BOB wagon with supplies or at least clothes and tube tent. In those crowds, the only ones who pushed anything with wheels were ones with babies. And even those didn’t seem to carry with them a whole lot of stuff.

Edited to add :
Official count of those pilgrims was around 7-8 million ! Lets say it was half of that number. You can see what I am talking about.... can you march that long and join such a huge crowd and NOT take a small bag with you ??

Edited by Chisel (03/11/08 06:32 AM)