So I land in ABQ on Friday and go to my girl's place. Everythign is great and we are having a great time until it's time to go home on Tuesday morning and I need to pack my backpack. I empty out the pockets to make a shocking discovery: before flying out of NYC I forgot to take out full size Spyderco blade. It belongs to a friend of mine who left it on the ambulance and I'm trying to give it back to him for the past month that's why it was in my backpack pocket. So that blade went thru TSA checkpoints in NYC ( xray and hand inspecition of the pack) and in Houston (hand inspection). I didn't do it on purpose. I just forgot that I had it prior to my trip. My girl and I see each other every two weeks untl xmas when she moves back here and sometimes I have 30 min to get packed so I may not get a chance to throw everything out of my pack. Obviously I didn't bring the knife back to NYC and asked my girl to mail the blade to me.

How crazy is it? They are ready to arrest and cavity search old lady for having nail cliper yet they let a full size serrated blade slip thru.