A few weeks ago, we had a fellow come out of the woodwork, and due to a misunderstanding over internet protocol, he left feeling not-too-welcome. In his initial post, he asked us to check out his survival oriented web site, and some of us (me included) thought he was a bit forward, and some members let him know, in no uncertain terms. OK, unfamiliar newbie that didn't understand our ettiquette driven off, no big deal, that would have been the end of the story... BUT... curiosity got the best of me, and I followed him back.
After hanging out over there for about a week, I came to find out, that while he might be a bit right wing for some of the folks here, he's not a bad guy. As far as the far right thing goes, I'm SURE that from time to time... I'm a bit far right for some of you... but we all manage to get along just fine (well, most of the time... thanks Chris for being such a good referee).
Now that the preaching part is over, on to the golden opportunity... this fellow has a storefront that, due to health reasons, he's liquidating. There's a massive list of surplus gear posted over there that he's willing to send out for the cost of shipping... yea, that's right, cost of shipping only. When I suggested that he Ebay the stuff, his answer was that he wanted to help out folks who were trying to put together a kit, but were having a tough time of it money-wise.
Not exactly what I'd call a bad guy.
For anybody that wants to check out the site and the offer, it's thesurvivalist.tripod.com/thesurvivalistnetwork Be forwarned, there are a lot of Christian religious overtones there, but there are some pretty sharp minds there, and quite a few genuinely nice folks. For those of you familiar with me, you know that if it was a church meeting, I wouldn't be making this post. For those of you that have a few minutes, check 'em out, and tell 'em wildcard sent ya.

Troy