I'd like to Propose, at least Ideally, that Another, *Additional* Appalachian Trail, could perhaps someday be Laid Out.

My Reasoning?, One Glance at the Map shud make this Obvious. It Shows the AT to Very Much Hug it's Own Eastern Edge!, All the way down our Atlantic Seaboard.

I know that this has a Proximity Advantage, for our Teeming East Coast Population Centers. Perhaps this was part of the Idea of it's Original Layout and Design. From back in an Earlier and Different Transportation Age.

But What of the Vast, Central Interior of our Apps.?!, It's Very Core Heartland? What also of That? Shud a Trail not Only Naturally Snake on Down thru This? Isn't This Really an even Higher First Priority, as Far as Route Siteing goes? If you Took an Aerial View of our Entirely Pristine, Forested Appalachians, say in the 1500's, -Where would you First and Naturally, -Tend to Site the Trail?! I Think More or Less Right Down it's Middle, is Fairly Obvious. Why just Skirt the Edge?, when we Can and Shud go Firstmost into it's Very Heart!

As it Stands Now, It's like as if we Only knew the Alaskan Aleutians, Southern Panhandle, and Southern Coast, ( Great as They All Are! ), and Then Go Thinking that we Know All of Alaska!

( BTW, -Are there Any Alaskans, Yukoners, Etc., in our Bunch?! I,ve Seen a Post from the Northwest Territories once Before.) ( Also, Let's Never Forget or Leave Out Alaska or Hawaii !, -They're as Much a Part of our American Union, as any Lower 48 Ones of U.S. Else!, -They are Not a Colony or something, and Shud Not Feel that They are Being Viewed or Treated as Such! Sometimes it Uncomfortably Enuf Seems so!, But I've here said my Peace, -Let me Steer Clear of perhaps Straying into Controversy or Politics! Remember and Regard A & H. It's just a Thought.)

Our rather Fine, Existing, Appalachian Trail, is a Present Day Reality and Fact, and of course Shud Stay So! I'm speaking of a New One, in ADDITION To!, and NOT in Place of !, our Well Familiar One. In my View, This Great and Special Trail Shall Always Remain!, as Well It only Shud. It's Not Going Anywhere, as Far as I'm concerned. It's only Rightly so Fondly Regarded by Many.

But in *Addition*, I Hope and Urge that we someday come to Redress this Outstanding Oversight. I Hope that we eventually so Create, a New and Complimentary Appalachian Trail, Running Right Down Along and Thru, it's Central Spine and Interior. It too, can Begin and End at Katahdin and Springer as well, Diverging only for Most of it's Vast, Middle, Length.

I Understand that it may have to be Deferred for Awhile, -Due to various Cost or Other Considerations, but it Can't be anywhere Near the Expense, of Many Other Things!, I Mean,-Trail Building certainly's Not Nuclear Physics! How Insuperably Hard can it Be?! I Understand and Acknowledge such Due Considerations,-

-But Let us Begin! With First at least the Idea. And then Someday, -Let's Aim to Do So!

A New and Complimentary Appalachian Trail ! It's Only Self Evident and Behooved!

( P.S. -Has it ever Occurred to you !?, -How the Major Metro and Urban Area as you may Now be in, -was Once, Prior to Only a Few Hundred Years Ago, Nothing but Total Woods, Forest, or Other Wilderness! I know we All Intellectually Know that, -But Have you Ever Really Pictured It!? Have you Ever Really Thot of It? Has This Ever Really Occurred to you?! It's Really Something to Muse on and Think About! Right where All your Concrete, Traffic, and Other Urbanization Is, There was a Forest as you might Presently See, in Algonquin or the Adirondacks! It might Seem Impossible to Imagine at First!, but Surely So, It was There! Try to Picture and Think of It sometime!, It *Can* Be Done! All of the Urban Buildup in Much of my Own City, [Unusually, for a City, we have many Wooded Areas, but we also have Many Urbanized, Built Up, Ones!] was but a Few Hundred Years Ago and for Untold Thousands upon Thousands Before That, Nothing but the Same Sort of Pristine Woodland and Forest!, as you can Find in the Surrounding Countryside of so Much Else of my W. PA Tri State Area! It Surely was so!, -When you Get Down to Think About It, even a Little. What a Spando Contrast! It's like Gold Next to Glop! Try It sometime with your Own Metro Area or City! I just Wanted to Share that with you, for in Many a Person, the Thot, -This Spandiferous Thought, -just Never Occurs! The Very Heart of your Urban Area being Nothing but Untouched Forest! Imagine That! But it WAS!. Surely Was! And It's Quite a Refreshing, Joyous Thought, at That! ) [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]