It’s funny how electronics take over our lives. I just compiled a list of stuff I have that I either carry on me all the time or would consider taking with me in survival/camping/kayaking/outing situation.

1) Garmin Rino 120. It’s a GPS, no it’s a radio, no it’s an alarm clock, no it has games… It has everything I may need if I get lost. Power requirement: 3AA batteries.

2) Ipaq 5555. This handy PDA has medical programs, survival guides and all necessary info. Power requirement: 1 lithium polymer battery.

3) Arc LS. Flash light. I’m still amazed how thing so small can generate so much light. Power requirement: 1 cr123

4) Pelican M6 light. I raved about this light before. Very powerful for fraction of the price. Power requirement: 2 cr123.

5) Inova x5 light. Steady output of white light. Solid and reliable. Power requirement: 2 cr123.

6) Panasonic Portable DVD (LS70) player. I don’t have a TV at home but I love old movies. Plus when my girl comes along camping and she gets scared or bored there is nothing like a movie before she goes to sleep. Also 6 hour trips upstate in the car don’t seem so scary. I remember one cold night we are chilling out by the camp fire and we keep hearing broken words coming from the tent area. Than it started to sound like an argument. That I heard a weapon being cocked. I grabbed my shotgun and run back just to find out that my girl was watching a movie. Power requirement: 1 lithium ion.

7) Sony SW/FM/AM radio (Sony ICF-SW12 World Band Receiver). Great for rainy nights in the tent, weather/news updates, and entertainment.. Power requirement: 2 AA batteries

8) Proton 3 light in blue, red and rainbow. Small enough to be taken everyone, bright enough to come handy every time. Power requirement: 3 button batteries

9) Krill lights. I have about 4-5 of them. Never let me down. Strong, durable and saved me a bundle since I’m not buying regular snap sticks. Power requirement: 2 AA batteries each

10) Petzl Tikka/Zipka headlamp. Great for hiking, tasks around the camp and everything else you may do in the dark and need two hands (like fixing a broken pipe for example). Power requirement: 3 AAA batteries

11) Motorola Nextel I95 phone. Good phone and walkie talkie function makes it very easy to stay in touch with my crew and friends. Power requirement: Dedicated lithium Ion baterry.

12) Vertex VX-800 radio. With 200 channels I have all mayor frequencies programmed in for NYC. Power requirement: Dedicated lithium Ion baterry.

13) Various camera equipment. Just in case you haven’t figured out from my website I love photography. I have decent collection of cameras that I use on daily basis. Power requirement: dedicated lithium ion batteries, button batteries and cr123, cr2 batteries.

14) Digit BCI Pulse Oximiter. It’s more of the EMT gadget. It measures pulse and oxygen saturation in the blood. It gives me steady reading when I can concentrate on patient more and provides me with accurate data that shows me how patient responds to the treatment. Power requirement: 2 AAA batteries

Matt