Well, I mentioned that my school in Cape Town does a 3 day workshadow program. I decided, after much debate, to go and find out more about the emergency services, specifically with regards to paramedics and Rescue engineers.

I've also decided to sign up as a volenteer for the Metro Ambulance brigade (who are more active than the St Johns Ambulance Brigade). I really enjoy it, and I think that it is good to have practical knowledge in the field.

The reason I am posting though, is one which I don't really understand. We picked up a newspaper vender who had been hit by a car. that was no hassle at all. the fact that he is prabably braindead (I also saw the Trauma Team doing various tests at the hospital) was also not a problem to me. It was the faces of the family that really got to me. No crying, no hysterics, Just wide-eyed, zombie-expressions.

I still don't know why I am posting this. Maybe it's that, as a laymen in the EMT environment, I now actually fully appretiate and understand the mental ntrauma that out Servicemen and women go through when they help others.

Sorry if this post makes no sense. I just got home today and felt the need to express my thoughts.