Saving Private Ryan – a few questions<br>On the other side of the pond in Great Britain a couple of days ago they showed the film “Saving Private Ryan”. Apart from it being a really good film, showing all the horrors of war I got a few questions about the film.<br>When at last they all get into a “save” position on the beach the rangers start loading up. One soldier first hits the magazine on his helmet before entering it into his rifle. Why? This goes against my training as the rounds in the magazine might dislocate resulting in a blockage.<br>After taking out the machine gun position at the radar station they treat the patrol medic for his gunshot wound using white powder. What does this powder do? I thought it might speed up blood clotting. Is it still used today? Is it worth carrying in my FAK? Maybe not for gunshot wounds but anything bleeding major.<br>What does the insignia of a ying yang symbol mean? (a circle with a inverted “S” and on each side a different colour) To which unit does it belong?<br>One day I got the change to buy the shirts used in Saving Private Ryan. I never did it but I am interested in just the jacket every “soldier” wears on the set. Any one got any leads where to get it?<br>Although a really good film to see it once is enough. It’s the first war film I’ve seen that really gets the horror through to the viewer.<br>I’m sure I forgot one or two questions I wanted to ask, they’ll come later.<br>Thanks<br>Reinhardt <br> <br>