According to the MBTI personality system, people fall into 16 types of personality. I mentioned in the other thread that I am INTJ.

I am not much educated about the MBTI system, but have learned a few things here and there , and can say it is very helpful in dealing with people. This is especially important in times of stress. You get to know which person is going to behave in this way or that way.

Off course, our emotions, ideas, and behavior are not engraved in stone. We do change over the years, but this system gives you the overall idea. For example, I discovered a young cousin to be INTJ like me. I remembered how I was 40 years ago, and I expected his marriage to have some serious problems, and indeed he didn't get along with his outgoing wife, the marriage ended. Same guy , I would trust to tell him about all my preps without fear of him ridiculing me or telling anyone.

For those who do not know , INTJ means :

(I) = Introvert
.... other type is (E)xtrovert

(N) = Intuitive
.... other type is (S)ensor

(T) = Thinker
.... other type is (F)eeler

(J) = Judging
.... other type is (P)erceiving

For example, a (T)hinker uses logic to decide about a problem, while a (F)eeler person uses feelings to make a decision

People fall in 16 types according to the mix of those 4 elements
For example

ENFP
ISFJ
ENTJ

And any other combination, up to 16 types. Each one has distinct combination of traits to make a whole personality

What are your thoughts ???