Almost every BOB/GHB bag viewed or reviewed on U-tube or anywhere else had , among its contents, a Sharpie marker. Yes we do need markers for many reasons. However, one month ago, I found that a Sharpie will not write on every surface and we may need a substitute

As some of you may remember, I live in the Middle East, which HOT in July. So, I was working on a project inside a room that was not inhabited for about a month. AC was started but needed sometime to show any effect. I needed to cut a piece of metal by a hacksaw. Before cutting I used a Sharpie to make a mark, but it was (my guess) around 50-55 degrees Celsius, and the Sharpie tip momentarily dried up on the warm/hot metal, so the mark was almost invisible, especially that the metal was painted grey.

A pencil will not work well because the metal was very smooth like ceramic. So, I thought of a wax pencil(similar to crayon) and it worked very well. The warmth/heat of the metal actually helped the wax tip to run like an ink pen.

I think this same wax pen will not work well on the same metal if it was freezing cold.

From now on, I am including crayons in my kit. I think those in Florida or Texas should think of this as well.