I've started watching this series after reading some comments at ZS. I believe these guys may not be in the same class as Les Stroud but they are all very adept in their own Neck o'the Woods. Not having any experience with mountain lions, bears, and wolves, I certainly identified with the three who tapped out because of the fear, those critters generated. I can also agree with Joe's decision to tap out when his firesteel was lost. I am now at the point where 4 men are left. I fully expected Sam to have tapped out early and I'm reminded again that one can't judge a book by it's cover.

The show provided a list of 40 items allowed of which 10 could be chosen. It looks like most of their load out was cameras and batteries. The terrain is tough coupled with 12.5' of rainfall per year. I'm understanding the participants received one week's notice of the region they were going to be placed in. I found some participants were placed at a distinct disadvantage by being inserted late in the day whereas others were inserted early and had time to scout around better for a camp spot to set up.

I have many more thoughts but I'd like to hear from others. I have experience in swampy areas, very cold areas, but no experience in cold, swampy, rainy areas such as Vancouver Island.

Edited by wildman800 (08/02/15 05:51 PM)