Our .gov is planning to shift our power grid from 110 volts to 220 volts. Transition has started by banning the import of anything 110v. Dual voltage (110/220 v ) are allowed for 5 years after which only 220v stuff is allowed.

Newly built homes are 220v only but older homes like mine have 110v. These will be gradually rewired and fixed to new voltage.

Right now, I am sub-categorizing the expected problems and making several plan B's. One of them is the timing that they will visit my house or our area. If they shut power down in July/August, we are toast (literally) and the problem is beyond ETS advice, but I am hoping for some luck (maybe I can be blessed by visits in Nov-February).

Anyway. I am here asking for advice about those few days (hopefully few days) when they shut down the power and work on rewiring . Hopefully they will only take 2-3 days , but it may turn to 1-2 weeks with some fireworks in between (yikes!) I hope none of the A/C units or such bigger stuff burn in the process but it may happen.

When I think about folks prepping for power outages on ETS and similar forums, most of them are dealing with SEASONAL or recurring outages. A generator, for example, is justufied in their case, but not in my case where it is a one-time event.

Some of the sub-categories I am preparing for are :

Water : Planning for bigger water tanks both at the ground level and top of the house ( our houses are multi-story concrete buildings).

Light : planning for tons of candles, an many dozens of light sticks (Cyalume tubes)

Heat/cold : If it is summer, I am writing my will , LOL ... If it is winter/spring, we have some non-electric heating options.

So...
Question here is about one event power outage in a city setup
location is Middle East , very hot in summer , pleasant in winter, rain is minimal

What are preps you can think of ????

Thanks