Closing a bank account used to be quite simple and customer service was usually something that could be counted on but it appears that now asking for your fiat paper currency (greenbacks) to the said value in your account appears to be a little tricky today. Even if you have some friends waiting outside to make sure that you don't get arrested by the police and bank security - well they might end up in the same place i.e. a police prison cell, after being dragged of the pavement and dragged into your local Citibank branch.

Some tips and tricks to get some of those (your) hard earned greenbacks.

i) If closing down your bank account go alone and not as an organised group of individuals trying to make a point to your least favourite financial institution. These financial organisations are literally terrified because, due to leverage rates of (25-250) a $10,000 withdrawal of greenbacks means their liquidity has actually been reduced by $250,000 - $2,500,000. They will, it appears, do anything to its unhappy customers, even make them disappear from there friends and family (even if it was just for a short period, well lets hope it was only a short period, I mean its not like Siberia is anywhere nearby wink )

ii) Try and take small amounts out often at various branches lest you get lifted (arrested) as a money launderer (quite a humorous state of affairs to those running the banks grin, mind you they should know what a money launderer looks like ) . I have heard that anything over $10,000 is the cut off point.

iii) You may find it more and more difficult to transfer monies from one financial institution to another via electronic transfer, again the same problem arises, how to get the greenbacks?

iv) Automated tellers will have a daily limit of around $500, so plan on 20 days to get $10,000 in fiat currency.

v) Many supermarkets will offer cash back when making small purchases, which means you don't have to go near you favourite bank. sick

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (10/16/11 07:58 PM)