The number (1) is for , hopefully, analyzing more BOBs dispalyed on the net. That will be a practical way of learning and refining our knowledge of preparedness.

First, I do appreciate the people who take the time and efffort to display their bags and kits. They have chosen the prepping route which , alone , earns them lots of my respect.

On the anlysis part. I have been watching U-tube videos regarding prepping and kits. Many of them have great ideas, some have the usual, and some of them provide food of thought. Some were big and some were small, and each served a certain scenario. This bag here made me wonder since it didn't fit any possible / probable scenario that I can think of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCkjt99Hrbw

A small, light GHB/BOB , IMO , is better than larger bags/kits for short-term, intense disasters like 911 where priority is for moving LIGHT and FAST. The goal there is not to establish camp and live off the land for a month or more, but to reach a safer land as soon as possible.

However, in this case, a small bag like this was not filled with items necessary for a few hours, like water and power bars, but was filled with books ( weighing 9 pounds !!! almost half of total weight ) that illustrate edible natural foods in the area !! These books are better suited - IMHO - in a larger bag , or even an additional box in a truck , for use in a bug out camp or retreat.

Same thing said about the seeds he was carrying. I think that the space of this smallish bag shouldn't be wasted on seeds unless they were themselves edible.

What do you all think ???