The decorations have been up since before Halloween. Two months of culturally expected and enforced smiles and good will wears me out. I want it over and done with now.

I've never been a big fan of the season. I don't like cold. I don't like being told how to feel, and I don't like people who I know really, really wish I would have a cerebral aneurysm, preferably while they watch and cheer, putting on a jovial face, offering seasons greetings and cheesy gifts.

The forced niceness always seems to blow back in the form of dark resentments and passive-aggressive behavior at a later date. I would much rather if the whole year could be kept at a nice even keel. With a consistent well-cultivated civility that doesn't ignore the fact that sometimes people don't like each other. But that we can get along on a civil and functional level. We can as long as nobody bends themselves out of shape forcing themselves to be excessively nice.

I want Christmas to end. I want it to be over, if possible ... for good.

Note: implied violence, possibly NSFW, and one oddly shaped object that shouldn't shock you if you know what it is. If you don't; it is just an oddly shaped object.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/12/christmas_is_overfor_good.php