OK, I want to know if I'm over reacting.

Went to the movies this afternoon, been to this theater about once a month for over a year. Never ONCE has anyone said anything about my Jumbo. One of the friends with me carries EDC in a mussette bag, he's been going there much longer than I have as he is a local to this area.

We buy our tickets, and are about to get them torn up when someone walking past snarls at us we have to put our bags in the car, and keeps going past. She doesn't identify herself, and she is not polite. The kid tearing tickets shrugs and refuses to take our tickets- I wanted to talk to the manager. Turns out that the person who had spoken was the manager. When I asked her name, she did not provide. When I stated that I've come in a number of times, and the bag is in my lap the entire time, she says simple it is too big. I point out to a lady going through the line with a day pack 4-5 times as big as my bag of tricks PLUS a purse and commented that I see several women with bags as large if not larger than mine going through. The manager proceed to tell me that a "reasonable" bag was allowed, but refused to clarify what "reasonable" is. At that point I asked if it was because I was a man that was being told I could not bring in my bag, while women with larger bags could pass, I was told "ok, but this is the one time."

Now, I feel like I've been told that because I have a beard rather than breasts, I can't have "purse"-type bag. I fully respect that it is a private business, I have no problem with that, but since this is the first time and I feel that my friend and I were singled out for special treatment that I have grounds for complaint.

I'm not asking for a refund. I'm not asking for free tickets. (It WAS a good movie.) I'm asking for equal treatment and an apology.

So my question is, who to complain to? My first instinct it start at the state AG's office, but because I'd rather not just drop the bomb as my first rebuttal, should I bother to also file a complaint with the better business folks along with the ownership of the theater. Is it reasonable to tell them that have ten business days from the time the letter is posted to respond in writing to clarify if it is their corporate policy to irregularly apply their rules and to clarify specifically, in writing, what those rules are or I take it to the AG. Or is that temper and not logic talking?

Or am I being completely fireheaded?

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.