Hello everybody,

I’m currently doing some research about victims tracking and tracing systems, as part of getting mine bachelor degree for Applied safety and security. I have already done some research about the victims tracking and tracing systems in The Netherlands, Begium and Germany. But I would like to know more about similar systems overseas. Europeans approach of things are usually different than overseas, but that doesn't mean other can't have good ideas.

In Europe, new registration systems are being tested, are based on identification codes (barcodes, RFID, etc.) on registration card(s) attached on victims. Information are shared by a secure web based information sharing systems, so each emergency service know where somebody went, can verify information, to anticipate the arrival of victims, the local government can inform family members, etc.

I know there are a few forum members, members of CERT, all kinds of SAR, Fire stations, EMT, etc. So mine question is: Does any of you know if the US or individual states has a tracking and tracing system, to trace victims (both wounded and non wounded) for disasters/large incidents? Can anyone point me to the right direction for finding more information about this subject?
Thanks!