A friend calls me this morning about a hot job tip and volunteers to drive. I quickly get ready, place my PSK on the table along with my RSK while filling the cat's food and water dishes. I hear his horn and hurriedly lock the door. It's about 10 minutes on the freeway and I'm having a waking version of the universal 'naked in public' dream and check my pant's zipper twice. I realise my PSK and knife are still on the table and my friend's idea of a car kit is $12.99 in food from the convenience store. I try to rationalise the odds of anything happening today against visions of Steve Fossey finally being found 30 years from now. And the job is a good 45 minute drive and I'm thinking is he nuts? The gas and commute make this one a no-go. After the interview- " And what did you like best about your last job?" and my career destroying reply " leaving" We went to another convenience store. And I'm walking across the parking lot looking down like any good out of work archaeologist . And there it was, an ancient slipjoint novelty knife with a tiny combo spearpoint blade/cap opener, corkscrew and faux MOP scales. You can just make out ' WARDEN OIL CO. MINNEAPOLIS MINNESOTA. I picked it up and felt better somehow. We bought 'lunch' in my case a bean burrito, cherry slurpy and $1 lighter. My friend looks at the lighter and comments about my being a non smoker. I lied, saying it was for reheating my burrito on the road. The warmth of the California road cuisine, my new survival knife and firemaking kit made me feel much calmer. I noticed a small two pack of Aspirin in his center consule. Good, we had a FAK after all.