I want to lay out a kit idea I've been building for a few weeks now based on my own ideas and some conversations on the forum. The idea started when I started thinking about "escape" kits. Since then people have talked about discrete carry of kits for the office. People have also discussed different situations where a person might leave their kit behind when they need it most. The kit is sort of sub-EDC as far as the hierarchy of tools and kits people carry. It is beyond basic, perhaps not even useful in many situations. But it trys to solve the problem of having your kit with you when you need it even if you aren't thinking about it or someone else doesn't want you to have it. However, so far it won't survive a magnetometer or a frisk, but it does jump start you in some crucial areas in ways that are difficult to improvise.

The kit I put together consists of a canvas pouch 3"x6" attached to 7' of paracord. The paracord is enough to be wrapped around the waist or chest twice to support the pouch which can then be concealed in the pants or under a shirt.

The pouch contains:
1 MRE Hot Beverage Bag (thick ziplock bag that holds ~20 ounces)
$50 cash including $10 in one dollar bills
20 strike anywhere matches in mini ziplock bag
3'x1 1/2" cloth first aid tape folded flat
6" of hacksaw blade
knife blade from a swiss card
button compass

The knife blade is a stand by, I'd like to replace it with a very small mora blade, but that will have to wait for the moment. The cash is what I could spare when I put the kit together, more money is always more money. I chose matches over a mini bic lighter since they lay flatter and you know exactly how many fires you have.

I've already thought of a few possible improvements while I wrote this, tell me what you think.