I believe the following to be of exceptional value to members of this forum and especially to there family.

A few months ago Verizon made it possible for the average cell phone owner to have GPS assisted text-to-voice(voice turn-by-turn) navagation and POI'S(points of interest) without a "smart phone",or any additional equipment, downloading maps,etc. A bonus is your exact location is known with every 911 call. The 911 locater costs nothing and the GPS navagation can be used if and when uou need it and you only pay for it if it is used. The fee is $9.99 month or $2.99 per 24 hour day; however if your decide to take it for a month when you vacation and cancel after 2 weeks, they will pro-rate the bill. Amost every cell phone offered by Verizon now has this feature.

As one who has used text-to-voice navagation & poi's for about 5 years in my vehicles and three years on my smart phones, I am very much impressed with the mapping source and poi's used by Verizon.......and no, I don't own any Verizon stock!

Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Enthusiasm