I've read posts several times where people say they put "snake shot" in there revolvers . Has anyone ever been " attacked" by a snake ? I find it really hard to believe that a snake would go out of its way to attack a human or any animal that was too big to be on the menu . I'm sure that if you stepped on a snake it would probably bite in self defence . If you surprised one most likely iit would try to escape or assume a defensive .posture . There aren't poisonus snakes where I live [ New England ] . I think there used to be eastern diamond backs but they were probably never plentyful and are know extinct in this area. Ihave surprised a few snakes on some hikes , usually Garter snakes . They either face me with there mouths open , trying to look as big and bad as they can , or they slither away as fast as they can . I once almost stepped on a huge black snake , I think they call it a Black Racer . It rased it's head up over the grass to take a look at me then took off . OK , they aren't venomous but snakes are snakes and it's not in there nature to attack . Even if you encouter a rattle snake , copperhead , Corral snake or whatever , why not just walk around it and let it be ?