Anyone else ever notice an adjustment period for the eye-brain interface when moving from one environment to another? Like, going from an urban environment by vehicle to roaming the woods on foot?<br><br>Example: One of the things I was doing last weekend was "keeping my eye peeled" for a particular type of fungus. It had been a few days since I wandered around in "my" woods (back yard) and a month since I wandered around in the woods at large. I drove 20 minutes out of town, dismounted, tossed on the ol "Be prepared" pack, and hit the woods. For the first hour, more or less, I was frustrated by not being able to find the fungus as I walked around (recon for other reasons). Then I started spotting it. By mid-day I could see it everywhere - it was there all along, but my "city eyes" could not see it at first.<br><br>By the time I drove home, I was probably a scary driver - I don't remember the drive <grin> - I had "woods eyes" on.<br><br>I have observed this effect countless times in my self and others and while I follow the reasons posited for it, have no idea on how to reduce the adjustment time.<br><br>Any ideas on how to reduce the adjustment period?<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Scouter Tom