Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#201533 - 05/08/10 10:06 PM The beginning of a book I am writing on SURVIVAL
TAB Offline

Loc: The Redwood Forest
Here is a link to the first chapter (rough draft) of one of the books I am writing; it is about survival: http://ecoculturevillage.org/forum/index.php?topic=49.0. The forum site I posted it on is mine and the forum is part of a non-profit I am starting named Ecoculture Village. I hope you all find it of interest.

#201573 - 05/10/10 04:17 PM Re: The beginning of a book I am writing on SURVIVAL [Re: TAB]
ILBob Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Northern IL
Originally Posted By: TAB
Here is a link to the first chapter (rough draft) of one of the books I am writing; it is about survival: http://ecoculturevillage.org/forum/index.php?topic=49.0. The forum site I posted it on is mine and the forum is part of a non-profit I am starting named Ecoculture Village. I hope you all find it of interest.

Do you have some expertise in that area?

Bob

#201609 - 05/11/10 12:17 AM Re: The beginning of a book I am writing on SURVIVAL [Re: TAB]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Muskoka
The first rule of survival is to avoid survival situations.
Training comes first.
Equipment comes second.
Having a plan helps.
Good luck on the book.
Visit often!

#208633 - 09/27/10 09:14 PM Re: The beginning of a book I am writing on SURVIVAL [Re: TAB]
TAB Offline

Sorry, the link went bad when I had to rebuild the site. Here is the new one: Survival, Chapter 1: Mind and Body

ILBob, as far is the expertise you inquire of, I am a housebound (my Mom says for my own good, and I believe her) blind kid; but I have a good dog that I send out into the woods around my house everyday and I learn about the outdoors from the leaves and twigs and mud and bugs and burs that I can pick from good ol' Barkie's fur when he returns home for dinner in the evenings after his daily outdoor journeys.

Totally just kidding, duh.

Actually, my expertise is the result of years of love of the topic,... and living dangerously, I mean accordingly. Think about it, have fun, and stay hungry!

#208641 - 09/28/10 01:02 AM Re: The beginning of a book I am writing on SURVIVAL [Re: TAB]
sotto Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: TAB
Sorry, the link went bad when I had to rebuild the site. Here is the new one: Survival, Chapter 1: Mind and Body

ILBob, as far is the expertise you inquire of, I am a housebound (my Mom says for my own good, and I believe her) blind kid; but I have a good dog that I send out into the woods around my house everyday and I learn about the outdoors from the leaves and twigs and mud and bugs and burs that I can pick from good ol' Barkie's fur when he returns home for dinner in the evenings after his daily outdoor journeys.

Totally just kidding, duh.

Actually, my expertise is the result of years of love of the topic,... and living dangerously, I mean accordingly. Think about it, have fun, and stay hungry!

Well, if your book is as funny as that was, it should be good.

#261984 - 07/21/13 10:47 AM Re: The beginning of a book I am writing on SURVIVAL [Re: TAB]
TAB Offline

#261988 - 07/21/13 02:38 PM Re: The beginning of a book I am writing on SURVIVAL [Re: TAB]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
What is your plan for your bit of land adjacent to a National Forest when wildfire comes calling? Folks in many communities (like Idyllwild, CA) are experiencing some of the negatives of that location, and doubtless are grateful for the assistance of the larger society.

You are advertising on the Internet and seeking 501c3 status. You will need accountants and attorneys, as well as fire fighters, just like everyone else. Welcome to the larger world!

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 520 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.