Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#227616 - 07/11/11 09:10 AM New Walmart Products
Frisket Offline
Addict

So my local walmart just started to update the camping section and I been digging their changes. They carry alota new updated style items specially with their packs. Most the brands are Coleman and Outdoor products which I think is a walmart started brand. Some new stuff they carry is A Backpacking tarp made outa waterproofed nylon I think thats 5x7, A Neat little Daypack, New Packs of all sorts including waist packs and the such, Water filter bottles and straws, New LED lamps and Propane lamps, melamine dinnerware, Dry Box's and Bags, water bottles and such, the list goes on abit further.

I snagged the daypack for 5$ it balls up into itself to about the size of a flattened baseball and when open it looks to be maybe the size of a basketball. I easily fit 2 nalgenes 1 Mil Canteen 1 steel bottle and 1 large nalgene sized alum bottle inside it. I do not know if it will hold the weight of all these bottles filled tho.

I also snagged a waist pack for 10$.

I got it against my current survival kit you all know well of for size comparison. The Grey Kit of mine is the size of a small coffee can about. I may very well upgrade my kit to the bigger pouch but this may deter the fact of carrying it in the first place due to size constraints. ((The weight of my kit is 2.11 pounds))

#227625 - 07/11/11 03:13 PM Re: New Walmart Products [Re: Frisket]
Frisket Offline
Addict

Im very surprised since all these literally showed up in my local walmart only a month or two ago including the waist pack. They had alota outdated heavy clunky items before.

#227629 - 07/11/11 03:31 PM Re: New Walmart Products [Re: Frisket]
Frisket Offline
Addict

Doesn't really help that the closest walmart for me is a dump that barely stocks anything. Sometimes it takes them a month or two to get anything in stock. For instance the melamine dinnerware I thankfully stumbled onto like the day they stocked it and now its been 2 months or so and they are down to a few plates and a bowl.

Edited by Frisket (07/11/11 03:31 PM)

#227631 - 07/11/11 03:40 PM Re: New Walmart Products [Re: ]
Frisket Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
I usually get tip offs from a guy in the Sporting Goods Aisle about new additions. I showed up the day they began to stock the Melamine Dinnerware. Lots of nice colors, but the college kids here in town snatched them all up cause they were "funky colors."

Newest addition is Coleman is making and selling through Wal-Mart their own camping foods. Mountain House style food that is...kind of MRE meets partial Freeze Dry. Lord knows I won't try that stuff, but I scoped it out. You can see into the bag. They're only good for about a year though according to the fine print and exp. dates.

I havent seen those but i have seen regular freeze dried non mountain house brands showing up.

Yeah I purchased the Mug in that lovely deep almost black blue. I Think I like it more then the GSI Cascadian nylon mug I purchased. Melamine is making a major comeback lately in Dinnerware, I wonder how many people actually know anything about melamine? I love it so much but its such a horrible Material. College kids especially should learn about it since Im sure they use the microwave a bunch and melamine is not safe for it.

#227641 - 07/11/11 04:55 PM Re: New Walmart Products [Re: Frisket]
Frisket Offline
Addict

http://www.nordicware.com/store/categori...B7-005056A40E68

Saw these in walmart they may be a good alternative to the melamine if you wish to nuke the plate.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 293 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
Today at 02:30 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.