Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#198210 - 03/17/10 05:45 AM Tiered ov stoopid peeple...
epirider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wyoming, USA
Ok so I get a call while I am at work and my neighbor says to me "Someone just wrecked into your trailer. It is now sitting in my front yard. By the way, the trailer went across your yard first and took out your mailbox - which is now lying in your driveway."

So the guy that does it, comes back and gives me his insurance information - like he is supposed to do. Everything is good right? Insurance adjuster comes over, looks at the trailer and says it is totaled, as is the mailbox. I will get a check for both of them within the week. Sweet right? So, today I go to the local office of this large national company to pick up my checks. The lady has us (myself and the DW) sign this and that, and hands us a check for the trailer. Again, sweet! So I ask the lady "What about my check for the mailbox" She said " We figured what the replacement cost would be and how much a local contractor would charge to put the mailbox in and blah blah blah..." "Ok, so can I have my check..."

She responded with this - and I quote " No, we mailed it yesterday, you should have it today or tomorrow."

I tried to contain myself, but I had to ask her if she knew that this check that I just asked for was to replace my now non-existant mailbox. She said yes of course. I had to ask her another question that I just had to know. I asked her how she expected me to get this check she sent in the mail, if I have no mailbox. She blinked at me and said "well how are you getting your mail now?" I said that I am not getting any mail because I no longer have a mail box. She just said oh ok well if you dont have it in a week let us know.

Are You KIDDING ME?????? oh well I went down and bought my own mailbox and put it in so I could get the check to replace my oled mailbox that was no longer a functioning mailbox. UGGGGGNNNNNNNNN

#198224 - 03/17/10 12:32 PM Re: Tiered ov stoopid peeple... [Re: epirider]
scafool Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Muskoka
Ummm, so did the cheque arrive at your new mailbox yet?

#198231 - 03/17/10 01:57 PM Re: Tiered ov stoopid peeple... [Re: scafool]
Cauldronborn Offline
Journeyman

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: scafool
Ummm, so did the cheque arrive at your new mailbox yet?

scafool with comments like that your going to get slapped!!
grin

#198236 - 03/17/10 02:35 PM Re: Tiered ov stoopid peeple... [Re: epirider]
Wheels Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Central Virginia
Thanks - I really needed a good laugh. I am truly sorry it was at your expense.

It reminds me ... Many years ago I needed a permit from the local police. I brought the paperwork to the station and there was a step to get in (I use a wheelchair). I managed to get in and I casually asked about the step and whether they were thinking of putting in a short ramp. The officer replied that people in wheelchairs don't come in for anything so they probably wouldn't be putting in a ramp. Well - duh.

#198237 - 03/17/10 02:59 PM Re: Tiered ov stoopid peeple... [Re: Wheels]
JohnE Offline
Addict

Loc: Southern Cal
Reminds me of the TSA agent who told a gentleman in line in front of me that he couldn't have any open boxes of ammunition in the gun case he was checking in, only full ones. In other words, you can carry more ammunition but not less...

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen

#198243 - 03/17/10 03:49 PM Re: Tiered ov stoopid peeple... [Re: epirider]
BrianEagle Offline

Loc: Northern Texas
Sounds like the lady could have a future in school administration. crazy

#198244 - 03/17/10 03:51 PM Re: Tiered ov stoopid peeple... [Re: JohnE]
unimogbert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Colorado
Or the TSA agent who was berating me over the half-empty 7 oz tube of toothpaste I'd packed because he "couldn't tell how much was inside." Nor could he seem to bring himself to throw it away as I responded calmly to his finding....

#198254 - 03/17/10 08:43 PM Re: Tiered ov stoopid peeple... [Re: unimogbert]
JBMat Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NC
The state administrator of a test you must take in RI to buy weapons and/or ammo (at the time) musta been schoolmates of these bozos.

I showed up at 1258 to take a test that started at 1300. She told me I would still have to fill out her forms then take the one hour test, buy couldn't go past 1400 hrs in any case. No problem, I read fast. There are three college age guys in the room, only three chairs, and they are sweating bullets. Man, this must be a hard test. She asked if I had taken the class... uh, what class? "Oh, you won't do very well then." She sat me down in a grade school sized desk in a niche in a hallway.

All that being said and done, I filled out her forms, did the 100 question test, checked my answers and turned it in, all in about 15 minutes. She grades the test and I get a 98. I was more strict than the state on the transportation of weapons/ammo.

She then proceeded to give me my card, and asked what I did for a living. "Oh, I train to kill people" I replied on my way out the door. Well, I was an infantryman at the time... the look on her face was priceless.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 498 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
38 minutes 48 seconds ago
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.