Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#137389 - 06/24/08 05:13 AM Moving out
Taurus Offline
Addict

Loc: Northern Canada
Greetings folks

I found out today that I am being posted to the leadership school in CFB Petawawa Ontario. It’s a good career move(came with a nice promotion) but it kinda sucks to have to pack up and move after spending the past ten years in Alberta building up the old homestead. I only get just over a month to sell the house and find a new one over there. This one's going to be a frigging FORT. HA HA HA ! Still sad to be leaving this house. A lot of good memories here...........

But that’s life in the Army I guess. “C’est la vie” as the French say. Soldier on

Now I need to figure out how to move the stores of gasoline, camping fuel, propane, and ammunition etc that I have been putting aside for emergency. The moving companies sure as hell don’t want to touch it. eek

At any rate folks, it’s been nice. I really enjoyed the chance to chat here, especially on PM with some of you folks.

I hope you all remain “equipped to survive”, but never find yourselves needing to use the skills we so often have talked about.

All the best

Mac

#137393 - 06/24/08 09:29 AM Re: Moving out [Re: Taurus]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I hope you will return to the fire when you get settled. take care of yourself and your family. Bon chance mon ami!!!

#137402 - 06/24/08 11:36 AM Re: Moving out [Re: wildman800]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Thanks for sharing all of your stories and experiences... Hope to see you back!

#137405 - 06/24/08 11:57 AM Re: Moving out [Re: Mike_H]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

Have a safe trip! I'm sure we'll see you again.

#137406 - 06/24/08 11:59 AM Re: Moving out [Re: Taurus]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Congratulations on the promotion. Teach your students well. Though from all you've taught us I don't see you having much problem with that.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#137408 - 06/24/08 12:03 PM Re: Moving out [Re: Blast]
BillLiptak Offline
Enthusiast

Just cause you're moving doesn't mean ya have to be leaving..... We will miss you, come back when ya get settled, good luck and godspeed in your endeavors.

-Bill Liptak
Edited for spelling

Edited by BillLiptak (06/24/08 12:04 PM)

#137413 - 06/24/08 12:54 PM Re: Moving out [Re: Taurus]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
Originally Posted By: Taurus
Now I need to figure out how to move the stores of gasoline, camping fuel, propane, and ammunition etc that I have been putting aside for emergency. The moving companies sure as hell don’t want to touch it. eek

Some of this stuff, you can probably use up before the move. Maybe the gas fills your vehicle, between now and then. What else was it meant for? The camping fuel and ammo might be something you move yourself. The propane, maybe it's time for a big cookout. You might be able to clean and gas free the containers to move them. Or maybe you sell them off to one of your friends who is also somewhat preparedness inclined.

Good luck with the move and the promotion. I expect to see you post again once your settled.

#137414 - 06/24/08 01:02 PM Re: Moving out [Re: Taurus]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Hi Taurus,

Glad to hear of your promotion, some nice country around Petawawa, I was there about a month ago. Be sure and hook back up with the ETS Forum when you get settled, we engoy your company partner.

Concerning moving with things that go "BOOM"; during my past few long distance moves we made a couple of trips ahead of time to move boats, snomobiles and an ATV, this was also when we were looking at real estate. I was lucky that my employer had storage yards at the new locations so I just stockpiled the stuff there and picked it up later.

The real good stuff; firearms, ammo, expensive outdoor gear I transported in my own truck on moving day directly to the new house.

Later,

Mike

#137420 - 06/24/08 01:29 PM Re: Moving out [Re: SwampDonkey]
climberslacker Offline
Youth of the Nation
Addict

Taurus, How many times are you going to do this to us? (; Good luck, stay safe, and come back when you are settled!

though i seek perfection, i wear my scars with pride

Have you seen the arrow?

#137492 - 06/24/08 08:17 PM Re: Moving out [Re: climberslacker]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
Taurus,

Congratulations on the promotion and reassignment. I'm sure that you will bring a unique and refreshing view to the leadership school. My experience as a student in the Professional Military Education (USAF term) was that the instructors with real, no-kidding experience to share were more effective and useful than the core cirriculum every time. Have fun with it.

Retired MSgt (USAF)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 276 Guests and 79 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by brandtb
05/01/24 10:50 PM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.