Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#124467 - 02/20/08 03:19 AM A case of Cloud Juice for only $323
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

King Island Cloud Juice is unbubbly, untainted rain water delivered 11,100 km off the Great Southern Ocean where trade winds evaporate pure, clean water into rain clouds that don't touch land until they meet King Island.

This gives Cloud Juice the advantage of being far purer than other bottled waters. In fact King Island Cloud Juice is up to 400 times purer than World Health Organisation standards require for drinking water.

You too can have 12x750ml case of cloud juice delivered to your door for $323.

And if Cloud Juice is not exclusive enough how about Bling H20 at $110 per bottle of 750ml water even before the considerable shipping costs have been included.

http://www.delicies.com/botiga.aspx?NIVE...amp;NIVELL1=164

Bling H2O is bottled at the source in Dandrige Tennessee. Bling has won the gold medal for best tasting at the Berkeley Springs International Water Tasting Festival.

Bling H2O is the inspiration of Kevin G. Boyd, Hollywood writer-producer. While working on various studio lots where image is of the utmost importance he noticed that you could tell a lot about a person by the bottled water they carried.

In Hollywood it seemed as if people flaunted their bottled water like it was part of their presentation. Whether the bottles had a cool shape or came from an exotic island, none truly made that defining statement. Bling H2O was fashioned to make that defining statement. The mission was to offer a product with an exquisite face to match exquisite taste. The product is strategically positioned to target the expanding super-luxury consumer market. Initially introduced to hand-selected athletes and actors, Bling H2O is now excitedly expanding it’s availability. Bling H2O has been featured at many recent celebrity events including the MTV Video Music Awards and television’s biggest event, The Emmys.

I have just watched a recent BBC TV program called Panorama where a blind taste of all these exclusive bottled waters and London tap water was made. The London tap water came out top. Huh London Tap water. Billions of plastic bottles, the waste and the resources required in transporting water around the world and yet the tap is only a few feet away.

laugh laugh laugh , yes it really does look like the world has gone completely mad. mad

#124469 - 02/20/08 03:56 AM Re: A case of Cloud Juice for only $323 [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
GarlyDog Offline
ô¿ô
Old Hand

Loc: The People's Republic of IL
The formula is clear. Apparently us consumers will pay anything to be like <insert celebrity>.

#124474 - 02/20/08 04:42 AM Re: A case of Cloud Juice for only $323 [Re: GarlyDog]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

[censored] about bottled water. They filled all the bottled water in their gourmet water bar from a hose in the alley.

"I can taste Mt. Fuji" my butt!

#124501 - 02/20/08 02:35 PM Re: A case of Cloud Juice for only $323 [Re: ]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
Not surprised about the London water seeming to taste better in a BBC study. Who tasted the water, and where were they from. Most I bet had grown up drinking the water in England. That's like enjoying your own mother's cooking.

#124740 - 02/21/08 10:29 PM Re: A case of Cloud Juice for only $323 [Re: ]
OIMO Offline
Opinion Is My Own
Journeyman

Loc: UK
I agree they all taste pretty much the same when they are cold, most tap water included.

However not all tap water is equal. The source of the tap water here was recently changed from mountain resovoirs in Wales to local bore holes and the taste has gone from pretty great to just about OK. However if you leave it to stand overnight it is just horrible by the morning, something the old source never suffered from.

Apparently sales of bottled water went up significantly in this area when the made the change.

#124809 - 02/22/08 01:29 PM Re: A case of Cloud Juice for only $323 [Re: OIMO]
Naseem Offline

Loc: Guyana, South America
Is it possible to be too pure? What about the nutrients?

Just kidding. But I heard somewhere that water is better absorbed/digested by the stomach if it contains some "impurities" like a pinch of salt or something...

Nas.

#124811 - 02/22/08 02:04 PM Re: A case of Cloud Juice for only $323 [Re: Naseem]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Dasani, one of the bottle waters made by somebody, does contain added salt and minerals "for taste." I was bored while waiting for my wife who was shopping, and read it on a bottle I bought, this past weekend.

#124819 - 02/22/08 03:54 PM Re: A case of Cloud Juice for only $323 [Re: Dan_McI]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Hi Dan_McI

Quote:
They filled all the bottled water in their gourmet water bar from a hose in the alley.

Hacksaw may just have a point as Dasani has a bit of a history in the UK.

From Wikipedia,

Quote:
[edit] United Kingdom
Dasani was launched in the UK in January 2004.

In March 2004, it became public through an article in The Independent newspaper that the tap water of Sidcup was being treated, bottled and sold under the Dasani brand name in the UK. Although Coca-Cola never implied that the water was being sourced from a spring or other natural source, they marketed it as being especially "pure". Hence, the public revelation of it being simply treated tap water caused a media stir.

UK authorities found a concentration of bromate in the product that could be considered harmful if consumed in large quantities. Dasani was potentially carcinogenic. Coca-Cola recalled half a million bottles and pulled the "Dasani" brand from the UK market on March 19, 2004.[1] Shortly after, plans to introduce the brand to Continental Europe were announced to have been canceled as well. Ironically, bromate was not present in the water before Coca-Cola's treatment process. During that process the bromate was produced from the water's bromide.

Coca-Cola intended to launch Dasani as a natural spring water in France and Germany, although this never went ahead after bad publicity in the United Kingdom.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (02/22/08 03:55 PM)

#124828 - 02/22/08 04:33 PM Re: A case of Cloud Juice for only $323 [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

I don't make drinking Dasani a habit. I usually drink NYC's tap water, after I filter it. I just bought a bottle, because that's what was there.

I think there a few waters around that are sold as somethign special, when they are little more than tap water with fancy advertising.

#124868 - 02/22/08 07:45 PM Re: A case of Cloud Juice for only $323 [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
HerbG Offline

I love reading all the hype about the magical properties of bottled water! We have a local bottler who sells his product to a number of national retailers, and they ship the stuff everywhere. We've even bought it in Hawaii - shipped all the way from East Alabama. The water actually comes from a large local spring. The bottler sends a big tanker and they pump the water into the tanker, carry it back to their plant for processing and bottling. The spring is part of the local municipal water supply, so I drink the same stuff from my home's faucet! Of course, the bottled water has a snazzy label with the name of a non existent Indian chief. Drink up, you're helping our local economy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 530 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.