Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#115530 - 12/11/07 11:27 PM Five Year Old Boy Kills Bear
Themalemutekid Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
They sure start'em young in Arkansas crazy

Link

#115531 - 12/11/07 11:30 PM Re: Five Year Old Boy Kills Bear [Re: Themalemutekid]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: Themalemutekid

The sure start'em young in Arkansas crazy

Link

grin grin Wonder if he was married? grin grin

#115560 - 12/12/07 02:22 AM Re: Five Year Old Boy Kills Bear [Re: Themalemutekid]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Okay, DW is going to be overruled. DD1 is getting a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas!

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#115572 - 12/12/07 03:13 AM Re: Five Year Old Boy Kills Bear [Re: Themalemutekid]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA

sounds like another version of the kid who shot the huge
razorback hog last year..

#115579 - 12/12/07 03:23 AM Re: Five Year Old Boy Kills Bear [Re: CANOEDOGS]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Now, I would hate to think that Grandpa LIED, but.... aren't most "youth rifles" .22 caliber? Can you easily kill a bear with a .22?

Yes, yes, I know: my cynicism is flaring up again! But I would bet a whole quarter that there are at least two bullets in that bear. And I'll bet another quarter that one of them isn't a .22.

Sue

#115595 - 12/12/07 07:45 AM Re: Five Year Old Boy Kills Bear [Re: Themalemutekid]
CityBoyGoneCountry Offline
Enthusiast

I despise hunting for sport.

Killing in self defense - ok.
Killing in a survival situation - ok.
Killing for fun - disgusting.

Anyone who can afford a hunting rifle surely can afford to go to the grocery store and buy some meat from an animal that was going to be killed regardless.

#115602 - 12/12/07 11:15 AM Re: Five Year Old Boy Kills Bear [Re: CityBoyGoneCountry]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
How about how I hunt - because I don't want commercial meat, I only want organic meat, and I also want to reduce the destruction of the environment caused by over-grazing by deer? What do you think of that?

I know quite a few "organic" hunters these days. We don't hunt for horns, we hunt for healthier food and a more realistic and dare I say spiritual connection to the animals we eat. You can't make that connection with a slab of ground meat in the grocery store.

#115603 - 12/12/07 11:31 AM Re: Five Year Old Boy Kills Bear [Re: MartinFocazio]
Eugene Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Thats also why we get our meat from my parents farm. The stuff in the store just isn't as good, I don't know weather its due to what they are fed, or hormones they are given or just chemicles leeching from the packaging but the store bought meat tastes different and if I'm not super careful to make sure its not well well done I get sick half the time eating it anyway. The home grown stuff is easier to cook,tastes better, is healthier, etc. Its also better in the eys of organizations liek PETA since the animals are not kept pinned up in a barn, they are allowed to get out and move around.

I never have hunter for hornes either, so far I've only taken two deer, both doe. WV had an overlapping doe and buck season a couple yeard ago because the population of deer was so high so I was able to take whatever I found rather than wait for one or the other. My hunting trip that year was about 5 minutes because I didn't even make it all the way up the road before seeing a doe so I hopped out, shot it, loaded up and turned around and went home.

My parents though have decided they don't want to butcher anymore, too much cleaning up, so I had to take my deer to a local shop and we didn't get any beef these last couple years either. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to set up in a small trailer, I was thinking I could do that so they don't have to clean up their garage before and afterward. I could buy one of those aluminum cargo trailers and fix it up for camping most of the year then come deer season empty it out and put in a couple tables and the grinder and such and work up the deer and beef then take it home and clean it out and put the camping stuff back in.

#115616 - 12/12/07 01:19 PM Re: Five Year Old Boy Kills Bear [Re: Eugene]
norad45 Offline
Veteran

I have nothing against sport hunting (or "horn" hunting for that matter), as long as it is done ethically and legally. Since we (humans) have managed to wipe out most of the predators, that means that we (hunters) have to take up the load. The professional wildlife biologists employed by most State wildlife divisions understand that, and for the most part do a good job by including hunting (both sport and subsistence) into the big picture of wildlife management.

#115624 - 12/12/07 01:53 PM Re: Five Year Old Boy Kills Bear [Re: Eugene]
AROTC Offline
Addict

Loc: Manhattan
Why not just cover the floor of the garage with plastic sheeting? Ten dollars a roll would be cheaper then a camp trailer and would make clean up a snap.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, Eugene), 540 Guests and 140 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.