Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#9515 - 09/27/02 11:24 AM going away this weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

This weekend I am going away to be tested on all my skills we learn in the Cadets, as part of a competetion. It includes:<br>-navigation<br>-first aid<br>-section attacks (battle skills)<br>-fitness<br>-shooting skills<br>-leadership tasks<br><br>I'll tell you how I got on!<br>Reinhardt<br>

#9516 - 10/04/02 03:00 PM Re: going away this weekend
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is what I posted on another site. Just in case any one is interested what I've benn up to<br><br>Here's a little story to boost my ego:<br>Sunday morning last weekend Sennybridge training area "FARM FOUR"<br>After a heavy Saturday and a long night exercise we had to do a speed march-every one and any one can do this its only 2.6k. The objective is to get from A to B ASAP with your whole team. You had to wear your belt kit only at the last moment our team discovered that it didn’t have to be full. <br>All of my team chucked their kit in the back of a Land Rover. But I didn’t want to get mine mixed up so I left everything in the pouches. Taking the kit with me. <br>By the end of the march I was carrying two sets of belt kit as one person had a bit of trouble keeping up.<br>Once the march was done we should go back by 4tonner. Me and three other (of other teams) decided we couldn’t be bothered to wait and ran back to base, another 2.6k’s. <br>I came second (that includes running against one Directing Staff), not a bad effort I as I was the only one running in full kit. <br>That night when the weekend was over and I got back to the detachment I decided to tab (a fast walk) home (a rough 9k) to see how long it would take me now that I was tired. Carrying 17k it took me about 1.50hours. I was very pleased with that effort. <br><br>I've just received my photos from the ACF weekend, they’re good. I'll see if I can scan them in sometime as I'll be gone this weekend too (navigation training - highest level) . And the person who I need to see for the scanner only comes home in weekends. <br>When the photos are scanned I'll write more<br><br>Just to let you know what I get up to <br><br>reinhardt

#9517 - 10/04/02 03:06 PM Re: going away this weekend
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Was I ever that young ;O) ?

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 555 Guests and 34 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.