Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#211028 - 11/08/10 03:55 PM Plan B - Steal the Gold.
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

It's now 2 years after the Western Banking system went Bankrupt and the consequences have yet to be really felt after the Federal Reserve soaked up all the toxic with its multi-trillion unaudited off balance sheet activities.

Currency wars, corruption, ignoring the rule of law when it suits those involved in huge fraud and greed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQDvgKlzmlA

How do we prepare for the consequences of the trickle down effect of financial 'Without Rule of Law' or WRL in a post Enronomics world.

#211035 - 11/08/10 05:27 PM Re: Plan B - Steal the Gold. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
In answer to your question, attempting to be as self-reliant as possible and to have a diversified savings/investment with one’s personal finances would seem the most logical approach. I would caution that this topic has the potential of becoming very political very quickly and suggest that we keep the responses to general individual/personal financial stability.

Pete

#211037 - 11/08/10 06:16 PM Re: Plan B - Steal the Gold. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
unimogbert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Colorado
Figure out a strategy for bartering.

#211050 - 11/08/10 09:35 PM Re: Plan B - Steal the Gold. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
So who is this guy and what do you know about him? (Keiser).

I gotta admit I am a bit skeptical about talking heads on TV.....

#211055 - 11/08/10 11:20 PM Re: Plan B - Steal the Gold. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

First, don't try to get real information from Youtube. The S/N ratio is inversely proportional to the viewability and entertainment value.

Second, if your going to try to understand a system you have to study the entire system. Point-of-fact is that classical economics starts to fail at the edges as soon as you get a operation bigger than a lemonade stand. When the system is large enough to print money, essentially outside the supply-demand structure, the materiality of the structure goes out the window. Money is not a commodity so bankruptcy is a useless concept. Think of it as a measure of confidence independent of materiality.

In this system there is no "gold", real metal or otherwise, to steal. It might be useful to think of a US dollar as being a betting slip. A slip that registers a bet that the US will remain a viable economic entity and that there will be something you might wish to buy in the US system.

If you have low confidence in the issuing national economic structure, and/or there is little reason to believe you will be doing business in a market that demands the currency it will have little value. The US dollar has a a lot of utility because many things, oil being the best known commodity, are priced in US dollars and there are hundreds of trillions in circulation in paper or virtual form. The mint can issue trillions in currency without changing the overall value because the issue is small in proportion to the overall quantity.

References to post-WWI Germany and Zimbabwe are useless because neither of those currencies were used to price anything important or used as the defacto reference currency. In effect the US dollar is the water all other currencies swim in. Don't confuse pricing with confidence. A British pound is worth more than a dollar but while the pound is important it is not the reference currency nor anywhere near as important as the US dollar.

#211065 - 11/09/10 04:19 AM Re: Plan B - Steal the Gold. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
I think Pete's suggestion of becoming as self-sufficient as possible is the only way.

The main problem is that with all the international fingers in the pie, we can't really anticipate how it's all going to unfold, which facet is going to fall first, second, third, etc.

Sue

#211096 - 11/10/10 12:05 AM Re: Plan B - Steal the Gold. [Re: Susan]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Well I guess Plan A - Steal the Oil; didn't work out to well.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/collapse/

Quote:
From the film 'Collapse' ; 'If your with a group of campers and get attacked by a bear, you don't need to be able to run faster than the bear, you only need to be able to run faster than the slowest camper.' whistle

Quote:
I think Pete's suggestion of becoming as self-sufficient as possible is the only way.

But how to convince the other 99% out there, without sounding like this fellow in the film 'Collapse'. The other 99% out there will be in a state of denial. There has always been a tendency to shoot the messenger.

All ready the street lights in the UK are starting to be turned off.

#211104 - 11/10/10 01:24 AM Re: Plan B - Steal the Gold. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
You will never be able to convince the other 99% of ANYTHING.

People tend to be the way they are due to their life experiences. A good many people have lived their lives very heavily dependent on others, and now you want them to not only think for themselves, but take the initiative to plan for what is likely to be a very ugly future?

It's not going to happen. Just do what you can for you and yours.

Sue

#211110 - 11/10/10 01:57 AM Re: Plan B - Steal the Gold. [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone Alerted,Dr.Who?

#211126 - 11/10/10 11:39 AM Re: Plan B - Steal the Gold. [Re: Art_in_FL]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL
It might be useful to think of a US dollar as being a betting slip.

I prefer the term "beer coupon."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 259 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/23/24 06:24 PM
Hoover Stew
by brandtb
05/19/24 03:45 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.