Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#199201 - 03/29/10 05:44 PM Kudos to a vendor
JohnE Offline
Addict

Loc: Southern Cal
They're not advertisers here but I've been purchasing some Ruger 10/22 accessories from Dan at HawkTech Arms and I've got to give him some props.

My latest order, placed it last Friday night, paid via Paypal for a couple of Ruger magazines and a cool little device that you use to attach them together, the order was just delivered to my door. Paypal didn't even do the payment transfer until earlier this morning.

HawkTech is located in Idaho, I'm in Southern California. Dan obviously received my order Friday and took the trouble to ship it on Saturday via USPS.

His prices are beyond reasonable and they include shipping. I can buy a factory Ruger magazine from him, delivered to my door for less than the same exact item at the local gun shops. Now I know that's not all that uncommon for web based businesses but it's still a nice thing to know. By comparison, the local Turners Outdoors sells the identical mag for 3 dollars more than HawkTech, and of course there's the sales tax so add another buck and a quarter on top of that price.

I try to support local businesses when I can but I'm guilty of looking for a good deal when I can too.

If you own a Ruger, and everyone should, you owe it to yourself to check out Dan's website.

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen

#199219 - 03/30/10 01:48 AM Re: Kudos to a vendor [Re: JohnE]
Todd W Offline
Product Tester
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mountains of CA
Cool, will have to check them out laugh

#199226 - 03/30/10 03:54 AM Re: Kudos to a vendor [Re: Todd W]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

I visited their site. And if I had a 10/22, or Mag variant, I would certainly give buying their products a shot. I think that it is important that good companies get credit for good behavior.

One of the worse aspects of the internet is that a moderately talented person, using standard templates, can set up a shop online very quickly and inexpensively. This makes it tempting for a person to set up a site, screw as many people out of as much money as possible and to start over under a different name.

When all businesses were brick and mortar a damaged reputation was fatal. Starting over was expensive. On the internet the company identity and name are relatively cheap. So it is very important that people have access to good information. Both to warn people away from bad actors and to reward good actors.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 229 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
Today at 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.