Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#94336 - 05/10/07 10:59 PM Veins appear on hands?
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

Do you guys have veins showing up on your hands? I have veins appearing on my hands. I don't have vecose veins symptoms.

What is the cause of veins appearing on my hands?

#94337 - 05/10/07 11:08 PM Re: Veins appear on hands? [Re: picard120]
Westwindmike Offline

Loc: Middle Tennessee
Old age?

#94338 - 05/10/07 11:23 PM Re: Veins appear on hands? [Re: picard120]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
Either you might want to check your blood pressure, or you might be metamorphosing back to your original alien species designation of 7842. Have you checked to see if your blood is becoming more yellow??

The veins on the back of my hands have always rode high under the skin. The veins in my arms have always been visible, but that is normal for Vulcans. My big problem is how the points on my ears keep trying to grow back, after bobbing after bobbing!! I think my plastic surgeon is starting to get suspicious....

#94340 - 05/11/07 01:28 AM Re: Veins appear on hands? [Re: wildman800]
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: wildman800
Either you might want to check your blood pressure, or you might be metamorphosing back to your original alien species designation of 7842. Have you checked to see if your blood is becoming more yellow??

The veins on the back of my hands have always rode high under the skin. The veins in my arms have always been visible, but that is normal for Vulcans. My big problem is how the points on my ears keep trying to grow back, after bobbing after bobbing!! I think my plastic surgeon is starting to get suspicious....

On the contrary, my blood is still red. I am 100% Terran according to the latest medical exam. Those dam doctors keep me sickbay for long time. eek I meant the back of my hands seem to have visible veins. I had visible veins since I was a teenager.

It can't be old age. I still look much younger than other humans at 40yr old. In fact people commented on my handsome look of late 20s. Could it be genetic that I inherited visible veins?

#94348 - 05/11/07 02:48 AM Re: Veins appear on hands? [Re: picard120]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Most people have visible veins on their hands. That's where veins are... there's not a whole lot of room in the hands, and they're on the dorsum of the hand, just under the subcutaneous fat. If you're fairly thin, they're more easily visible.

If they've suddenly gotten more visible, you may have lost weight, have higher blood pressure, perhaps are keeping your hands "down" a long time (and gravity is pooling the blood there).

I wouldn't sweat it.

#94349 - 05/11/07 02:51 AM Re: Veins appear on hands? [Re: picard120]
gallihand Offline
Stranger

Loc: Northern NJ
Some people just have more visible veins. I know mine are easily visible especially when my body fat drops slightly below my normal range (no clue as to the %). Typically the more muscularly defined you are the more your veins will appear.

"When dieting your veins disappear between meals and appear after meals. Top bodybuilders note that ingesting some simple sugars before a competition brings out their vascularity."

from: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/howtoanalysizeyourself2.htm

If you look into any in depth bodybuilding guide they always talk about vascularity (the veins appearing). Take it as a good sign.

#94352 - 05/11/07 03:08 AM Re: Veins appear on hands? [Re: Westwindmike]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Hypocondria?

Picard, seriously, ask a qualified medical practitioner. And if they suggest a shrink, take the advise.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#94356 - 05/11/07 03:16 AM Re: Veins appear on hands? [Re: picard120]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Are you working out more, or at least using your hands and grip more than usual? Muscles need blood, more muscle work, more blood flows to that area...

#94363 - 05/11/07 04:19 AM Re: Veins appear on hands? [Re: picard120]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
What is the cause of veins appearing on my hands?

X-ray vision?

Can you see through other people's skin? How about through their clothing? Be careful! If the x-rays from your eyes are too strong you'll cause DNA damage and radiation burns to those around you.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#94368 - 05/11/07 06:17 AM Re: Veins appear on hands? [Re: Blast]
Ponce Offline

Loc: In the woods of Oregon.
Blast? get hold of a camera with build in LED's and in low light point the camera directly to your arm and body and don't be scared by what you will see.....you will see all the veins in your arms and the rest of your body and you will even see them puping blood..... I told my VA Dr. that when ever they have a hard time in locating a vein they should do as I did and that would be it.

I works because the LED's goes for the hot spots and the hot spots are the vein transporting your warm blood.

Three years ago I made what I call a "Lazer Scope" and it does the work of a million dollar super microscope but before I show it to anyone I need a "white" lazer light instead of a red one, total cost? about $25.00 dollars. My VA Dr. saw it and go all exited and wanted me to show it to someone else but I said no because is not protected or even patent pending.

"To be ready is not"... Ponce

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 220 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by brandtb
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.