Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#90579 - 04/06/07 06:20 PM Kershaw's Customer Service and Warranty
REDDOG79 Offline

Loc: ENGLEWOOD ,TN
I figured I would post this for people that are looking for a decent folding knife. I carry a Kershaw everyday and as a result have broken the pocket clips (among other things) on three different models over the last few years. While looking at their website I decided to email them about getting a replacement clip for one of my folders. They responded quickly and mailed me out a replacement pocket clip.

I also had the torsion bar break on one of my Ken Onion Speed Safe folders and I inquired about how I would go about getting it fixed. They sent me 2 replacement torsion bars and the pocket clip for my folder. But the replacement clip does not fit my folder as they changed the screw pattern. When i e-mailed them about the clip not fitting my knife, they told me to send it in to them and they would send me the new model as a replacement. I emailed them back about my reshaping the blade and wondered if it would void the warranty. Their response was that they would replace my knife with the newer model anyway. I haven't sent the knife in yet but I am debating whether I feel that I deserve a new knife in exchange for the one I have had to modify due to misuse (I broke the tip while trying to pry on something at work.)

Basically they have provided me free of charge:
3 pocket clips
2 Torsion Bars
2 sets of grip scales for model 2420T
1 blade lock
they also sent me their Torx Tool for free (basically a small screwdriver with three bits: two torx and a phillips) that can go on your keychain

In my opinion their customer service and warranty are excellent. They are one of the few companies I have found that stick to their warranties and their knives work very well for me. Sorry I was long winded but I feel that they deserve some recognition for their excellent service

If anyone wants to know the knives that I have are the Ken Onion Avalanche model 1570, Ken Onion Scallion Model 1620 (mine says Craftsman on it and has a different model number) and model 2420T Which is a one hand opening Tanto style (I think it is chisel ground) which they don’t produce anymore.

Kirby

Edited by REDDOG79 (04/06/07 07:42 PM)

#90586 - 04/06/07 07:11 PM Re: Kershaw's Customer Service and Warranty [Re: REDDOG79]
smitty Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Missouri
REDDOG......

I have a Kershaw Leek 1660ST, I've had it a couple of years and it's been a very good knife. No problems at all.
As far as getting your knife replaced, they're replacing it because they no longer have a clip that fits your older model, so the blade being modified isn't an issue. Afterwards, if you still feel uncomfortable with it just go out and buy yourself a new Kershaw! It's a win/win situation. Besides, you can't have too many knives!

smitty

#90610 - 04/06/07 10:16 PM Re: Kershaw's Customer Service and Warranty [Re: smitty]
jmarkantes Offline

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
I concur. It's nice to hear about great service like that in company of that size. The sheath on my Amphibian cracked, as they always freakin do. Debated what to do with it as it's probably 8 years old. Emailed them and was pleasantly surprised to hear they'd send me a new sheath, no questions. Awesome!

(It's also kind of nice that they're a short drive away from me. I
plan on heading to their office for the warranty service.)

Jason

#90612 - 04/06/07 10:25 PM Re: Kershaw's Customer Service and Warranty [Re: jmarkantes]
Doc Offline
Stranger

Loc: Michigan
Does Leatherman or somebody else make a "horizontal carry" leather sheath for a multi tool?
Doc

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 235 Guests and 49 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.