Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#28075 - 06/06/04 01:44 AM A Great Man Passes.
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
Not to Get Political, -But Only to Give Due Respect and Regard, -on this Occassion of the Passing On of President Reagan.

Our Current President has today said that this is a Sad Day for America. And it is, in Many Ways.

But at the Same Time, -It is also a Happy Day for America. In that Ron's at Long Last Now Free! -Of the Alzheimers and All that Comes With it, which had Come his Way.

And He and his Beloved Nancy will Someday Be Together Again! Alzheimers Being Left Behind, -and *Not* Coming Along! As at Any Pre-Alzheimers Time of Their's Before!

The Spirit and Person Lives On! I Know I Can say Such with Confidence. Not that Everyone Neccessarily Knows, Feels, or Believes This same thing, -But I Most Certainly Do!

He's Already Met his Daughter Maureen, who had Passed Due to Cancer some Three Years Ago.

We Can also Value and Celebrate the Life He has Led!, -and has Shared Along with Us! As with He, the Man Himself, -This Too is an "Up Moment" for America! In This Sort of a Way.

Let U.S. Now Go Forth, -To Both Remember and Be Renewed In!, -a Living of His Life and Spirit in our Own Lives! Of Course Reagan Himself would Prefer and Want This!, -We Can Be Quite Sure! We can so Celebrate the Life He Lived!, -The Values He Had!, (Even Ones who Must Substantially Differ There, -Can Certainly Share in his General Upstandingness and Optimism!), -And to the Kind of Person He Was!, -Both With and Among Us!

Ron is Still Around! And His Spirit Lives On! We'll Be Running Into One Another Again!

This is an Occassion for Far More Fond Rememberance, Warm Goodbye, and Frankly Celebration and Happiness!, -Than Grief or Sadness! I've shed a few Tears today, -But they are One's of Relief, Respect, and Joy!, -Not One's of Sadness.

Let U.S. So Carry On and Remember!, -in This, and in His, -Spirit! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

Edited by ScottRezaLogan (06/06/04 02:04 AM)

#28076 - 06/07/04 01:37 PM Re: A Great Man Passes.-A Few Further Thoughts.
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

I've Always been rather So-So / Neutral about Him Personally, -I Click with the First President Bush, Scowcroft, the Shah, Condi Rice, Good Ole Jerry Ford, Rumsfield, Sadat, Kissinger, -Among Others. Even Dukakis, -*Personally*! Ron though has Not been One of Them, -Though Not Disliked either! While I've Quite Ardently Identified with Him Politically, -a Personal Clicking though, -in Many Respects, is Not there! And that's No Bad Reflection or Anything upon Ron! Steer Clear from Politics now, Scotto!

A Few Days Ago, -I had the Inspired Idea, -that the Next Thing we Need to Do is to Name an Aircraft Carrier After Him! Then I Got Reminded while Watching a News Broadcast, -that thats Already Been Done! Good and Great!

Of course the Acting and Entertainment World, -Has their Own Fond Regard and Reminiscene of Him, -Not Only the Public or Political Ones. Though Respectable there in the Entertainment One, -if Not a Giant as he was Elsewhere, -He Still Had a Foot and Standing There too. (If Largely in an Earlier Time).

I've heard some Talk on the Airwaves about an Era Having Passed and the Like! That we Need Him now, and No Longer Have Him. *No!*, -in the Sense that His Spirit and Values, and Shining Example, -Lives On! We Have his Life to Remember and Celebrate! We're *Not* Adrift or Anything, -We've Got Quite an Anchor, Sail, Wheel, and Rudder in Him! Though All may Not Agree with All of his Politics, -Most All of Us Acknowledge Substantial Good Points in Him! This we Can and Should Continue to Take Along as our Guide! (One of our Guides Anyway!). And Though No Longer with Us, -He Too is Still Around Somewhere! The Reagan Baton's now been Passed On to Us! / U.S.! Lets So Take it Up, and Carry It with U.S.!

In this Spot Belongs a Thought which has Momentarily Escaped me! Don't Know if It'll be Back. Chances are Good though. If so, -I'll Try to Mention.

Isn't it Great to now be Able to once again See and Hear so Many of Reagan's Great Speeches, Appearances, Etc! At Least for Those Personally or Politically Identifying with Him. But I'm Sure This Applies in Large Measure!, -Even for Many of Those who Honestly Don't so Like or Identify with Him!

And While our Flag Must sometimes Fly at Half Staff, -It Never Comes Down! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

#28077 - 06/12/04 02:16 AM Re: Another Great Man Passes.-.
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

And That is in the Person and Music of Ray Charles! His Spirit Too Lives On! (As Does Also his Music!). His Spirit Lives Onward both Literally, -and In our Own Hearts, Minds, and Lives! Both of These Fellow Humans / Americans, -Now Rest in Peace! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

#28078 - 06/12/04 01:46 PM Re: Another Great Man Passes.-.
Nomad Offline
Addict

Loc: Just wandering around.
I have a much different view of reagan. I believe he did more damage to this country than most people realize. Of course that depends on ones viewpoint.

My view is that he destroyed the power of the poor and inflated the power of rich. He supported aparthed and destroyed governments of which he disapproved. He sold weapons of mass destruction to a ruler which he knew would use them (and he did, killing thousands). He sold weapons to countries although those sales were specifically prohibited by congress and used the funds to wage an illegal war. And there is more, much more. All with that silly smile on his face.

If you believe he was great, then you need to see him from another viewpoint.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/11/1431233

Then look to the right panel for more about him on other subjects. The right panel articles will change at the end of this week.

Edited by Nomad (06/12/04 01:56 PM)

#28079 - 06/12/04 02:44 PM Re: Another Great Man Passes.-.
bountyhunter Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Nomad:

You are right, but as with most memories with most people we tend to exaggerate what we preceive as the good in people.

He did bring the country back from a dismal financial and morale downward spiral.

Back in about 1967 when I drove a cab part time so that I could buy a motorcycle, I picked up a couple of out of town truckers from the terminal they had dropped thier trucks off for the day. The conversation turned to Jimmy Hoffa and the tactics and associations that had made him and the teamsters a powerful union. I mentioned that it was a shame he had to involve criminal elements to achieve what he did. To my shock, my two riders said they didn't care because they got "theirs" in the process.

There seem to be an awful lot of people in the world, not just the United States, who don't care how thier leaders work as long as the people they represent get "theirs".

I believe the reason so many morally good people fall and fail from a moral standpoint is that they see less moral people doing better in life and the good people become tired of not getting "theirs".

Bountyhunter

#28080 - 06/15/04 01:38 AM Re: Another Great Man Passes.-.
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Though I Beleive that he Does have some Shortcomings and Such, -I Have to Much Differ with you on This! I'll Give Details in a PM to you Shortly.

And Whoever(s) are at Fault for Central America's Woes and Problems, -an Important Thing is the Commendable Concern and Help, -that you and Others that you Know, -are Trying to Provide Them *Now*! Which Hadn't Yet Occurred to me to Mention!, There in my last PM to you. Regarding Such a Thing as you've recently Mentioned in a Post. And so I Correct my Oversight, -and Make Mention of it Now.

Again, Further Details of Honest Difference with you, -in an Upcoming PM. Which I Feel to be a Proper Place for Such.
[color:"black"] [/color] [email]Nomad[/email]

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 530 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
Today at 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
Yesterday at 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.